• Please introduce yourself to our readers.
My name is Jim White and I am a journalist for the Telegraph, broadcaster and author of 14 books
• What is your brand philosophy and how does it give you a competitive advantage?
I was told by my first editor that what editors want is useable copy on time. I have tried to live by that maxim ever since.
• What customer-centric strategies do you use and why?
Every article I write has to fight for attention. If anyone is going to read it, it has to be readable.
• How does your business recruit and retain your employees?
The old system of cutting your teeth on the local press before graduating to nationals has disappeared with the demise of local papers. Nationals now prefer to run their own training schemes, recruiting graduates.
• What is the biggest challenge you have faced in your business and how did you overcome it?
The internet. Thus far, not well.
• What is the number one factor in your business success?
Being in the right place at the right time
• What technology has made the greatest difference to your business?
Undoubtedly the personal computer and lap top, enabling immediate delivery of work.
• What’s your favourite business book?
Beermat Entrepreneur by Mike Southern
• How could you become a better leader?
By listening, adapting and learning
• What will you discuss in your BIO2018 presentation?
Role of the modern media
• Who is the Target Audience for your BIO2018 presentation?